We are proud to announce our newest book, “Guide to Planning the Perfect Family Vacation.” This book represents years of work and one of our proudest achievements – our magnum opus and testament to all things family travel related. It is a truly comprehensive and widely accessible collection of tips, advice, and insight garnered from nearly 20 years of family travel and many years of publishing about it.
The book represents a departure from our recent guidebooks, “Israel for Families: An Adventure in 12 Days” and “New York City for Families: 5 Boroughs in 7 Days” and sheds the notion of a pre-planned vacation or a particular destination to help your family make all its future vacations more memorable and worthwhile.
The book expands on ideas collected from the running of this site as well as the collected experiences of real families to provide practical advice on how to travel better, smarter, and with greater meaning for any family.
Inside You Will Find:
- Valuable information about how to make travel a better, deeper, and more rewarding experience for your family. We discuss concepts like travel as education, inspiring your children to be their best, adapting to circumstances, and setting yourselves up for family bonding and enhanced closeness through travel. This book is not just a guide to how to book a flight for less (though we cover that too!) – this is a book for thoughtful parents who want to make the most of their time away, and offer the very best for their families.
- We challenge you to think outside the box when it comes to the types of vacations you take. With the help of this book, you can think bigger about the types of destinations that are possible, with tips on how to make these dream vacations a reality. We also talk about varying the type of travel you enjoy over a lifetime, with advice about day trips and more affordable destinations. We help you to push the envelope and find what excites your family most.
- Practical advice permeates the entire volume with tips on everything from when and where to book, to what you need to pack. We have compiled an incredible amount of information (just see the online sample to see what the table of contents has to offer) that makes this book the reference you will keep coming back to. There are a lifetime of vacation ideas here, as well as the knowledge to make them all possible.
- We roundup online resources and recommend the best websites (that we use ourselves) as well as provide information on what to look out for and what you need to know to use them better. Our booking advice will help you save money and sanity, get the whole family involved, and take bigger vacations for less than you thought.
- We reached out to experts in the field to help fill in gaps in our own knowledge. With the “best piece of advice” from a variety of sources in the world of family booking and touring, we have even more to offer you and help lock in what is most important for every family to know.
- We answer the big questions about topics like cruises, travelling with other families, and other topics that many think about. We also supplement the essentials of travel like booking and activities, with information about extras like how to take better pictures, collect souvenirs, and make museums less boring for kids.
- We cover the who, what, when, where, and why of family travel and booking. Through 5 sections, we explore the finer points of family travel in incredible detail:
- Part I – The “Why” of family travel, what it can offer you, and how to better yourselves through the experience.
- Part II – “Where” to go, with some of the best trips we have taken, the locations at the top of our list to keep an eye on, and ideas about expanding your vision of what kinds of destinations are possible. We show you how the entire world is more accessible than you may think.
- Part III – The “How” of logistics are thoroughly explored in a collection of travel tips and hacks. We offer our own experience coupled with expert advice that spans everything from shots and inoculations to seasonal travel concerns. Learn about passports, money, travel apps, tips on getting upgraded, the best gear to buy, and much more.
- Part IV – The “When” of choosing the best time to book and travel. Learn about online resources, how to use them, and where to focus your valuable time and energy so that you spend less time searching, and more time enjoying your family.
- Part V – The “What” of a variety of topics related to travel, including questions about different types of vacations and how to change things up for the family that feels like they have “done it all.” We promise there is enough to think about here that travel never needs to get old, and you can always find a new aspect of your vacation game to expand and develop – along with your family.
Just add your family, your next school/work break, and a great vacation awaits you!
This book is our travel almanac, designed to aid you in every step of the process to provide a lifetime of great ideas. Use it as a starting point to great vacations, both around the globe and down the road.
“Guide to Planning the Perfect Family Vacation” makes the perfect gift for thoughtful families on any upcoming occasion. Bring it to a housewarming, holiday, birthday, baby shower, or other upcoming celebration. Break out of the ordinary and share the hostess gift that helps families be their best!
With 375 pages of great advice and practical information, this book is a tremendous tool for families who care about taking great trips, and about the time they spend together. Buy your copy today!
Available Now in eBook as well as Print. Find the version that fits your life best:
eBook versions just $5.00! Get it instantly and start enjoying!
Click Here to find it on Amazon for Kindle
Click Here to find it on Smashwords (Offers formats that can be read on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony, iBooks for Apple devices and PDF for almost any device)