The team here at Real Family Trips is excited to announce our newest family guidebook, “New York City for Families: 5 Boroughs in 7 Days.” This exciting follow-up to our first offering, “Israel for Families,” offers many of the same innovative features and time saving plans, coupled with a wealth of family fun.
Our new guide offers many of the things you have come to expect from Real Family Trips, whether you are a fan of the website or our first book (or, hopefully, both!). We took a look at one of the world’s most famous cities and found the very best it has to offer families, then organized it in a way that takes all the guesswork out of a great vacation.
Inside you will find:
- A pre-planned, 7 day trip that explores the entire city, spanning all 5 boroughs. Enjoy 3 exciting days in a variety of Manhattan locations, as well as Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, and The Bronx. We take out all the guesswork with 7 days that encompass a variety of activities, ranging from museums and walking tours, to boat rides and much more. Our days are designed to work for most any family, and take in mind what it means to travel with kids in tow. Each day provides a detailed list of stops, contact information and background on each destination, and a comprehensive list of logistics, including how to get there and what to bring.
- The book features detailed background information on New York City, each area and neighborhood visited, and each stop made. Learn not only what to see, but why. Help lend context to your vacation with notes about historical significance, cultural exposure, and a variety of other ways to look at the locations you visit and activities you enjoy. We feature a combination of “the usual suspects” as far as famous attractions, coupled with off the beaten path adventures, and tie them all together with background information that helps lend them significance. Sure you already knew about the New York Botanical Garden, but did you know how it ties to Staten Island? Or what else you should see that will expand on what you learn there?
- A robust selection of alternate activities for each borough, organized for easy reference. Something on our trip doesn’t catch your fancy? Already been there? Our alternate activities and resources, located in the back of the book, allow you to swap out one idea for another and create a customized trip for you and your family. Alternately, for those who live in the area, our alternate activities can serve as a handy “a la carte” menu for day trips to last for months, as you pick off little known gems and experience quick jaunts in the city that expose you to newfound fun and adventure.
- An innovative selection of original stories help make the guide (and the trip itself) more engaging for children. The stories are historical fiction, appropriate for ages 6-17, and take place at locations actually visited on the trip. Allow your children to learn about the stops you will make, gain context and grow excited by learning about what they will see on their own level. Explore the Revolutionary War, George Washington’s first inauguration, and much more!
- The expert guide contains useful travel tips designed with families in mind. Other guides may have ideas on what to see; we go much further. Learn what days you really need that Metrocard, and what days it makes more sense to go by cab. We recommend the best times to stop for a snack, which tickets you need to buy in advance – and much, much more. Prepared by real families, for real families, our information takes into account how you travel and what is important when travelling with the kids.
This comprehensive guide is designed to be the only resource your family needs to take a fantastic vacation. If it isn’t in the book itself, we point you to where to find it – from great vendors to discount tickets.
Everyone wants to take an amazing family vacation, but between work, school, and family activities – who has time to plan one? We did the work for you, by presenting a great vacation that will teach you a lot and allow you quality time to bond and grow closer to one another. Just read, book, and go!
The book provides a great vacation, as well as fantastic background information to supplement any trip to New York City. Buy it today for your family, or gift it to someone you know planning an upcoming trip!
Available Now in eBook as well as Print. Find the version that fits your life best:
eBook versions just $5.99! Get it instantly and start enjoying!
Click Here to find it on Amazon for Kindle
Click Here to find it on Smashwords (Offers formats that can be read on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony, iBooks for Apple devices and PDF for almost any device)