Scavenger Hunt Contest Entry Terms and Conditions
Real Family Trips’ Summer Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”) is a contest that requires the submission of an itinerary for a family vacation. Additional points can be earned by the submission of additional itineraries and by sharing photos taken on your trip which meet guidelines set out on the Real Family Trips, Summer Scavenger Hunt Activity Sheet. The winner of the Contest will be chosen based on a number of points earned, and eligibility for points will be determined by a panel of judges (the “Judges”) chosen solely by the owner of the of the website www.realfamilytrips.com (the “Site”), and may include, and may even consist solely of, the owner of the Site (the “Owner”) and others involved in the Site. In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected at random by Real Family Trips from among the entrants who earned the highest number of points. All materials will be shared with the site by means of a “secret” Pinterest board shared with the site. The Pinterest board which contains the most point-eligible submissions (as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion) will be chosen as the winner of the Contest. The decision of the Judges as to who the winner of the Contest is, is solely determined by the Judges, by criteria determined by the Owner, and is final and non-appealable.
The prize to be awarded for the winning entry chosen by the Judges will be a single meal or single night’s hotel stay from a family vacation in 2014. Submission of a receipt or valid proof of purchase will determine the amount of the prize, up to a maximum of $300.00. The prize will be awarded in the form of a check for the total cost of a meal or a single night in a hotel up to the $300.00 limit. There is no purchase necessary in order to enter or win the Contest, and any purchase will not increase the odds of winning.
Contest Eligibility and Participation
By submitting an itinerary and photographs for entry into the Contest, you agree to and confirm the following:
- You and your family (at least 1 child or grandchild of yours) have actually traveled to each of the places listed in the itinerary and visited the locations and attractions that are included in the submission.
- Every itinerary entered must be accompanied by at least one photo taken during the trip.
- Every itinerary must be from one day of the trip, and must include at least two stops.
- The itinerary entered for the Contest is actually yours, and has not been taken from any website or other source.
- Any disputes will be settled at the sole discretion of the Owner, and you agree to abide by any decision made by Owner.
- You are a legal resident of the USA who is at least 18 years old when the entry is submitted.
- All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations will apply to all participants and prize awards.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by any law or regulation, and you agree that you reside in a location that allows you to be eligible for the Contest.
- By placing an entry or accepting any prize award you agree unconditionally that you are eligible for the Contest and that you have complied with all of the Terms.
- Any submissions that infringe on the rights of another or that violates an individual’s rights or any copyright in any way will be deemed invalid.
- The entry may not include any content or photo that could be construed as obscene, defamatory, hateful, libelous, inappropriate, or indecent in any way, as determined in the sole discretion of the Owner.
- Entries that are considered discriminatory in any way will be invalidated, as determined in the sole discretion of the Owner.
- None of the material in the submission can be unlawful or violate any federal, state, or local laws in the jurisdiction where the participant resides, as determined in the sole discretion of the Owner.
- Any submission that is generated by any automated means will be invalid, as determined in the sole discretion of the Owner.
- Owner reserves the right to cancel the Contest or modify the Terms in Owner’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winner(s), Owner reserves the right to award or not award the prize(s) in Owner’s sole discretion.
- Owner reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: violate the Terms, affect the enjoyment of other entrants; tamper with the Contest; violate these rules; infringe on the rights of third parties; and/or act in an inappropriate manner, in each case as determined by Owner.
- Decisions of Owner are final.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on September 7th, 2014 (the “Contest Entry Deadline”).
Method of Submissions and Number of Entries
We do not accept Contest entries through the mail. All Contest entries must be submitted using a private Pinterest Board which is shared with, and a link provided for, Real Family Trips. Every itinerary and photo submitted that meets all of the Contest eligibility rules and criteria will count for contest points. Each person may submit an unlimited number of itineraries and a maximum of 1 photo per challenge (no repeat entries from any individual), as long as each itinerary is deemed eligible according to the Judges in the sole discretion of the Judges.
Criteria for Winning Submission
Selection of the winning submission for the Contest will be made by the Judges. Submissions will be judged among a variety of criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Itinerary thoroughness
- How clear the itinerary content is
- The photo(s) submitted
- How enticing the Judges find the itinerary and photos submitted
- Whether links are included to the websites for the locations visited on the trip
- Whether the itinerary is considered complete or not
- Whether photo challenges are considered accurately met or not
- The ratings given to each stop of the itinerary (be honest- if you liked or loves something, tell us; similarly, if you didn’t like something, tell us. The usefulness of your itinerary will be taken into account by the Judges, so honest ratings and descriptions are very important).
While winning the contest will be determined by a number of points accumulated, the eligibility of submissions for said points will be determined by the Judges. Judging of the Contest will be conducted by the Judges. The winning entry will be announced on the Site after the Contest Entry Deadline. Owner will notify the winner(s) via the contact information provided at the time of entry. Owner reserves the right to disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification within five (5) business days. Please do not contact Owner or the Site about the status of entries or judging. We will not be able to respond to you.
Website Security and Accessibility
Owner cannot be held responsible for security of the website, though we take reasonable efforts to ensure that there is no identifying information posted on the Site. You agree to hold Owner and each of its employees, officers, principals, directors, affiliates, and Judges harmless and not liable in any way for any reason whatsoever, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, including the failure of any software, hardware, breach of security, unauthorized access or use of any information transmitted to the Site or the Contest, including, but not limited to, theft, computer viruses or other types of malicious software or coding, fraudulent activity by any third party or Contest participant, natural disasters, human error, natural disasters, war, new laws, regulations, or government restrictions, or any other events whether or not within the control of Owner.
While we strive to keep the Site accessible at all times, Owner will not be held liable if the Site is not accessible for any reason. Owner reserves the right to monitor, review, or record any submissions or activity on the Site, or notify law enforcement concerning any unauthorized access or activity on the Site that is believed to be in violation of any statute, law, or regulation.
Third Party Links, Advertisers, Services, and Products
You understand, agree, and acknowledge that the Site may contain services, products, and ads from third party entities. The Site does not endorse, guarantee, or offer other warranties or representations for these third party ads, services, or products. This includes the quality, security, responsiveness, accuracy, ownership, copyright, or any other aspect of a third party ad, service, or product that may be featured on the Site.
By visiting the Site or submitting an itinerary for the Contest, you may find third party material and content on the Site. You agree that any activity, purchase transactions, or correspondence between you and any third party featured on the Site are solely between you and the third party, and that Owner is not responsible or liable in any way for the results of this activity. You agree that Owner shall not be held liable or responsible in any way for any conduct, statements, or actions by any third party.
The Site may, at Owner’s sole discretion, provide links to third party websites for your convenience. Links should in no way be considered an endorsement of the third party or any information, products, or services that may be provided on the other websites. Owner has no responsibility for or control over any content, material, products, or services that are provided by the third party, and we are not liable in any way for any third party or any representations, products, services, or information that a third party may make.
Personal Information Collection and Use
With your use of the Site and entry into the Contest, you agree, warrant, and represent that:
- Any information provided by you to register with the Site and to submit an entry into the Contest is truthful, complete, accurate, honest, and current.
- Any content submitted belongs to you, and you have the legal right to use this content.
- You will not violate any laws, regulations, or statutes with your use of the Site and your entry into the Contest.
Publicity and Proprietary Rights
You agree to use the Site and services for your own personal use only, and you recognize and agree that all of the content and components of the Site are proprietary and cannot be copied, duplicated, distributed, transmitted, modified, or used in any way without our express permission.
By entering the Contest, you grant Owner, and those authorized by Owner, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries (including any photos submitted as part of the entries) in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, commercial, promotional, publicity, exhibition, use and display on the Site and any other websites of Owner and any affiliate of Owner, and all other purposes. Any photograph reproduced will not include any photographer credit. Owner will not be required to pay any consideration whatsoever, or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
Compliance With the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, or DMCA, Owner reserves the right to remove any information or content, whether or not allegations have been made concerning copyright infringement or DMCA violations.
Liability Limitations and Disclaimer of Any and All Warranties
The Site is provided as-is, without any guarantees or warranties of any kind, whether these are express or implied. Your use of the Site, and the services provided including the Contest is at your sole risk. Owner will not be held responsible for any damages of any type due to your use of the Site, or any failure or inability to access or use the Site or services offered, including punitive, direct or indirect, consequential, or any other damage types. Owner is not providing any warranties of any type, including but not limited to:
- The security of the Site or any information transmitted
- Content that is timely and current
- The reliability or fitness of any products or services offered
- Access that is uninterrupted
- Error free Site components
- Third party links and ads
Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement and acknowledgment that you hold Owner harmless and understand that Owner is not liable in any way for any claim, cause of action, liability, damage, debt, or other legal actions or obligations that may arise from your use of the Site or any products, services, or links contained therein.
If any of the provisions or clauses contained in the Terms (or any other policies applicable to the Contest or the Site) is found to be invalid, determined to be illegal (whether now or at a future date), or cannot be enforced for any reason at all, then this finding will not affect any of the other provisions that remain. The remaining provisions will be considered to be enforceable to the fullest extent that all applicable laws allow.
There will only be 1 winner for this contest. Winner(s) must sign a release and license, declaration of eligibility, and will be responsible for paying any taxes they may owe on a prize.
The prize is just being given as a promotional giveaway. We are not held liable for any issues related to or derived from meals and stays funded by the prize.
For helpful hints, please click here.