Lately we have been covering holiday travel and touring options fairly extensively. When it comes to festive and seasonal fun you can find:
- A guide to Holiday Activities in Berlin
- Amazing Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Holiday Fun
- Free Holiday Events in Chicago, as well as a guide to their “Winter Wonderfest”
- Winter activities in Yellowstone National Park (the start of a series, with more great-in-winter parks to come)
- And a “Best Of” Family Winter Trips Guide.
Also be sure to read our amazing Spotlight on NYC in the Fall and Winter for additional trips and family savings!
Now if you’re looking to add something to one of these great New York Holiday experiences, we have some great advice from the New York Times. There are two Hot New Tours for NYC that are perfect for children and families that you can take this winter, offered by Walks of New York, a tour company with a lot to offer.
- The Holiday Lights Tour: This 3 hour tour Spans from Macy’s flagship store to Times square, with stops at Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral and all the 5th Avenue window displays along the way. You’ll enjoy holiday NYC trivia and arrive at Times Square in time to catch a show if you feel so inclined.
Tours offered Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 3 PM – 5:45 PM through January 4th. $39 for adults, $19 for children.
- “Meet The Met WIth Kids” offers a way to explore the famous Metropolitan Museum of Art with your children and keep them engaged as you take on what can seem like a daunting building. This tour will help kids and parents alike better enjoy the experience of this wonderful museum.
Tours offered Sundays at 2:30 PM through December 28th. Adult tickets are $49 which includes full admission and one child. Additional Children’s passes are $36 each.
For those interested in making their way to NYC this holiday season, we’ve rounded up some great deals for you. Please note, these deals are current as of the publication of this article, but some do expire. Please check the applicable website for Terms, Conditions and Restrictions.
- Hotels.com has some great deals for New York City to help you enjoy the city for less.
- New York hotels are currently on sale with Travelocity! Check out these great hotel prices, then browse airfare and more.
- New York Hotels from $75 on Priceline.com if you book soon.
- Discover New York City with two $10 Metrocards per stay and complimentary WIFI internet access included in this package from Hilton Hotels.
- CityPASS makes seeing New York simpler by combining great attractions into a single book of tickets that saves you time and money, lets you skip lines and take your time. Learn more on their site.
Check out some of the amazing everyday prices currently available for airfare and hotels at Kayak, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline. Besides the earlier options, check out Hertz and RentalCars.com. See more lodging options (if the above sale doesn’t point to something you like) at Hotels.com and Hilton.
Please note that some of the links included in this piece may be affiliate links and in such case, Real Family Trips will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on the link.